Thu, 15 Nov|
Justice Resource Institute
Trauma-Informed Community Empowerment (TICE) 1-Day Workshop
This interactive 1-Day workshop will give providers an overview of the TICE framework, and opportunities to explore contextualization with communities impacted by historical and collective trauma.
Time & Location
15 Nov 2018, 08:00
Justice Resource Institute, Needham, MA, USA
About the event
Global Trauma Project (GTP) supports local providers to address historical, collective, and individual trauma within their own communities. Building upon the strengths and resilience already present, GTP promotes the capacity of community providers/ leaders to reduce the impacts of trauma/ compounded stress; promote individual healing; and nurture community transformation, utilizing the Trauma-Informed Community Empowerment (TICE) model.
Based on work at the Trauma Center at JRI, TICE was developed taking the most cutting edge information from the elds of neuroscience, trauma, & community development- and contextualizing it for communities in Eastern Africa and around the globe.
GTP is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and is being hosted by JRI for this innovative launch. This is a unique opportunity to learn from a model that reduces trauma- related symptoms in South Sudan by 64%, and integrates the best from global mental health, social justice, peace- building/ con ict transformation, women’s empowerment, and community development.
JRI is excited to host Global Trauma Project, for a 1-Day Experiential Workshop, designed to give community partners an overview of the TICE model, and to explore contextualization for communities impacted by collective/ historical trauma (racism, immigration policies, genocide, slavery, community violence, etc.)
Goals of Trauma-Informed Community Empowerment are:
• To increase healing from collective/ historical trauma,
• To increase self-regulation & personal empowerment,
• To reduce interpersonal & community violence,
• To increase community providers’ capacity to provide quality supports locally, and in a culturally- relevant manner.
Workshop participants will:
• Gain an overview of the TICE model
• Understand the core components of the TICE Framework for community healing
• Explore contextualization of TICE for the special communities you are working with
• Learn about TICE Community Facilitator Certifcation being offered in early 2019, and see if this is could benefit your organization
• Earn CEUs for LMHC and LICSW
1-Day TICE Workshop